Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Amerejuve Beauty Review


Recently, the lovely folks at Amerejuve invited me in to take a tour of their facility, and even treated me to my very first microdermabrasion treatment. I visited their Kingwood location, and was greeted with a smile by the sweet and exuberant clinic manager Trich Dunn. Trich showed me around, kindly offered me a glass of wine, and gave me the rundown on the various services offered by the the wellness spa.  I had no idea that they do everything from basic facials, to major cosmetic surgeries, and everything in between.  

So on to the microderm. I was a little bit nervous:) I kept picturing that episode of Sex in the City when Samantha got a chemical peel, and looked like a lobster for days. However, I did some research before I went, and microderm is super effective, but much more gentle. The esthetician uses a mechanical exfoliation machine that removes the uppermost layer of skin with a small wand, and the process is said to soften fine lines and wrinkles, reduce pores, age spots, etc.  Tammy, my talented esthetician explained everything as we went along, and made sure I was comfortable. The microderm felt little bit like sandpaper on my face (not in a bad way), and  I was pleasantly surprised at how gentle it was. Once we were all finished, Tammy pulled the tiny filter out of the the machine that collects your dead skin cells (not nearly as icky as it sounds), and showed me what was removed. The old dead skin cells that have been hanging out on my face, hiding its natural brightness were all gone. Good riddance to you dead skin cells!

 I was sure my sensitive face would be beat red after the procedure, but it looked completely normal, and felt super duper silky. The next day, it looked better than normal, was soft, and had that "well rested" glow to it. I also noticed that my makeup application went on smoother, and looked remarkably better than usual. I can see how a monthly microderm would easily become an addictive indulgence:)  As instructed by Tammy, I used a higher spf on my face for several days after, since removing the outlet layer makes your skin much more sensitive to the sun.

Overall, I was just delighted with my Amerejuve experience. Next time around I'd love to try out one of their body sculpting services. The coolsculpting procedure looks especially amazing. In the mood to pamper yourself? Browse their wide array of services here:)

No comments: